07 August 2013

Day 6: DC

I've always believed that learning should be experiential.  Monday was fantastic in that regard, but I was so enthralled with the process, I forgot to capture most of it!

The U.S. Capitol tour was excellent!  For me, it was totally neat to see in person things I'd only seen photos of.  The Apotheosis of Washington on the dome ceiling was amazing.  This tour was very well timed as A1 had just covered, at the end of 2nd grade, the branches of government including careful study of the Senate and House of Representatives.

Sadly, there was lots of walking so sometimes A1 looked sad (shown at the US Botanic Garden),

...and sometimes it was A2 who looked miserable (shown at the Air and Space Museum).

Looking goofy at the National Museum of the American Indian:

Running upstairs at the Library of Congress:

The Washington Monument was closed for renovation and earthquake proofing so no goofy children have been position in front of it for this photo:

No comments: