28 November 2012

Thanksgiving projects & class celebrations

In order to create a menu of options from which A2's Kinder teacher could choose for the class party, the boys took a few test runs.  They had a great time with their various projects!  Sorry for the wet hair--these are before-school shots because their mop tops have time to air dry.  And these are not the best projects in the world.  But I needed ones that would be quick and easy for Kindergartners since each center is only allotted 10 minutes per rotation.

Pine cone turkeys

Handprint Mayflower

The teacher actually chose these two projects--a paper mosaic maize form and a teepee (yes, my construction instructions had history and discussion topics!)

A2 seems unimpressed by the turkey fingerprints.

I actually ended up having the kid also make "friendship fruit salad" for each other.  And no one got stabbed by the butter knives!

What a bunch of turkeys, indeed!  So Cute!  The official class photographer got a nice shot of them and then I forced them to do this:

A2 didn't think the class photo showcased his creations well enough so he demanded these pics:

Then A1 said told me it was his turn for a pic.
 
As for the 2nd grade party, it was simply an international potluck.  I knew there would be an Irish dish and numerous Vietnamese dishes so I went with something German.  No, the flags were necessary.  But how could I resist?

Our family Thanksgiving fell on A2's half birthday.  Everyone got to enjoy his cake because I'm the only one who likes pumpkin pie anyhow. 

And then we went to the park!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Nothing says kindy Thanksgiving than construction paper pilgrims! And awesome handstand, A1!