08 May 2012

Spring Break

It was totally mellow this year--the only time we left town was a during a day trip to Joshua Tree.

There was, of course, a whole lot of art.  I'd read about dyeing salt (or was it sand?) with a stick of chalk in a zippy.  It didn't work so well when I proceeded in the instructed manner so I cheated by grating the chalk!  That worked incredibly well.  We plan on incorporating the final product into future projects.

We broke out the watercolor set that had been gathering dust in the garage and made some neat items including one that involved dripping rubber cement.

We did a lot of reading.  At one point, I looked up and realized that the 3 of us were sitting around on the living room sofas quietly reading our own books.  It was like a dream come true for me!  Yes, I know...I dream big, eh?  Anyway, A1 really recommends this series:

After our Easter party, the boys were in a doughnut mood so I took them to Krispy Kreme for the first time.  They were fascinated by the waterfall of sugar.

And the rest of the time was spent rolling around on the lawn and repeatedly chasing ducks away from the pool.  All in all, a great break!

No comments: