01 November 2011

Local business

The wonderful folks at Old Town Flooring sponsored trick-or-treating in Old Town Tustin.  I've found it to be a great way to speak to and learn about local merchants, some of whom are coincidentally already in my social circle, because Tustin is, in many ways, still a small town.  It's also fun to run into lots of families we know from MOMS Club and the boys' schools.

But this year left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

The event was scheduled from 3 to 5 and at a little after 4pm, a friend and I parked in the lot behind Quinn's Old Town Grill.  We were promptly told that the lot owner is very picky about non-patrons who park in the lot and to relocate our vehicles.  Now, I don't know much about how to run a business, but shunning potential patrons during what should be a meet-and-greet with neighborhood families doesn't seem like a great idea to drum up business.  As it turns out, this is also the same property owner that has cars towed from his EMPTY lot just a block away.

Despite my grumpiness, the boys still had a great time with their friends.

No comments: