24 September 2011

This is my life

Suddenly, I look up and 3 days have passed since I last blogged.  It's an ordinary interval in and of itself, but given the fact that I promised myself that I would post daily during the month of September, I can't believe so much time elapsed without my knowledge!

But this is my life.  Below is a photograph I snapped via iPhone, stamped at 1:30 in the afternoon.  It was well into the afternoon before I realized that I'd been traipsing around town wearing 2 different shoes!  I'd like to think that I've sacrificed my focus on fashion to concentrate on the more important matters in life, but I suspect it's merely because I've been running on fumes and barely conscious these past few days (read: years).

I just left our first pack meeting last night with what will eventually be A1's Cub Scout den.  Of course, I will be Tiger Den leader.  Of course, I'm thrilled beyond belief for the coming adventure.  And of course, I've bitten off more than I can chew.  This. Is. My. Life.

5 comments:

Amber Riley said...

As the Daisy troop co-leader and the Hockey Team Manager I CAN SOOOO RELATE!!!! :)

Lam said...

And shock of all shocks, I'm also class photographer and Room Mom (again!). But you win because I'm at home full time and only have 2 to your 3!

Amber Riley said...

:) Honestly, I wish i could freeze time. I love the ages of the kids RIGHT NOW and i so wish it would last longer than i know it will. I guess that is why we jump in with both feet and enjoy right??!!! :) Who needs to sleep anyways!??? :)

Michelle said...

The boys are so lucky to have you involved in all their activities but wow -- just reading about what you have to juggle tires me out ;) Also, I have gone through an entire day of errands with my shirt inside out and not noticing until Long came home to point it out. Oops.

Lam said...

@Michelle I think one of the biggest problems is that I'm completely lost on the Scouting front--so much to do and organize, so little guidance. Plus, it's the busy pre-holiday season so I'm totally booked with photo sessions too. I realize it's a great life and I shouldn't complain...