03 June 2011

A fresh look

People tend to be so rooted in their belief systems (and often for good reason) that it's just not possible to switch out their eyes to see from a new perspective.  But I can do that with my camera's lenses--so why don't I indulge more often? 

I can get the crazy awesome sharpness from my Micro 105mm, f/2.8 (probably lost here because I compress so much for web display):
DSC_1646
DSC_1655

I love that the 24mm, f/1.4 lets me see more.  I'm so dang short that I never would have been able to get this shot with just my stubby legs--I would have had to climb a tree to include so much in the frame with my usual walkaround 50mm lens!
DSC_1254

And here's another shot with the 24mm.  Man, the barrel distortion is rad!  I'm laughing at his laughing.  It's the perfect effect to convey the moment.
DSC_1228

And sheesh, I even I have my iPhone and iPad which make for their own interesting photographic form (not my concept!):
DSC_9040
DSC_9041
DSC_9043

3 comments:

Amber Riley said...

The photos with the iphone and ipad are AWESOME!

Lam said...

You should try it with your kids! Just take a pic (of an eye, lips, etc.) with the iPhone and have them position it over the actual location and snap again with another camera.

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Whee!