11 June 2011

(Dis)connected

I don't love having to socialize with strangers.  I'm generally antsy about new people and things--I can't even relax if I'm trying new restaurants.  So imagine how proud of myself I was when I attended a photographers' meet and greet with a special guest speaker.  Except everyone (yes, EVERYONE) sitting around me was playing with their phone.  I didn't have my phone with me so I felt awkward and out of place just sitting there, waiting for the meeting to start.  It's been months since this happened and I have yet to make it back to these monthly meetings.  Now, I'm not dissing smart phones, I happen to LOVE my iPhone more than I ever thought I would, but I've used it to connect to the people in my life and not the other way around.

Unrelated photos at a Skatedogs lesson, at the skate parks in Irvine and Westminster, and illicit sidewalk skating.




Brand new play structure and it acknowledges Pluto at the same level as the other "real" planets!

No comments: