05 June 2011

Best baby gear = good camera

I was recently yammering on about how I would readily and easily give up or compromise on a fancy crib, stroller, or other baby "essential" for a decent camera.  I don't understand how so many parents can indulge on extravagant things of temporary use when images of their babies as actual babies are priceless.

I'm a slacky blogger (hence this month's once per day promise to myself), so following are photos of A2 at our MOMS Club party, at school, and at the regional park hunt.  Maybe I'm a bit quirky about photographs, but even these photos from less than 2 months ago have me feeling so nostalgic.  I want to memorize every moment and every expression.  But my brain is fried from 6 years' worth of lack of sleep, so I can barely memorize my own grocery shopping list.  That's where photos like these are so treasured:








7 comments:

Amber Riley said...

A nice camera is on my Christmas Wish list... :)

Lam said...

Ooh! Good luck--I hope you get your wish!

Ivan Chan Studio said...

So of course I scan the last pic for any clenched fists! Is that sick or what?

Lam said...

Heh. No, not sick, entire sites are dedicated to screaming children on Santa's lap and such.

He's MUCH better about giant mythical creatures now!

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Have you seen this site?

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

Lam said...

Yes, I have, and I LOVE!

Have you seen these photos (and narratives): http://borngaybornthisway.blogspot.com

Ivan Chan Studio said...

I've never heard of this blog! Love it!