12 March 2011

On touch

It takes a while for the boys to warm up to new folks, but once they're familiar, they're EXTREMELY familiar!  I'm always reminding them that not to pop the social bubble by allowing enough distance between them and those around them, but they don't seem to heed this advice...flying in the face of my Asian heritage!

Maybe I've created monsters--I nursed them for too long, I co-slept (ahem...co-sleep) with them for too long, I wore them and cradled them on my person for too long.

Or maybe I've created younglings who are comfortable with their bodies, who are able to express their love and caring for others in an open manner.  I'm constantly getting reports from the other co-op parents that A2 spent the morning in preschool offering hugs and kisses.  And I suppose there's no need to correct this behavior because it's not exactly a problem.

Here are totally unrelated park photos because I need to clear out the archives and the boys are tired of coming to the blog and seeing the last photos over and over again:

Hmm...let's see, A1 kicking up dirt, A2 & James looking in different directions, and me with my fake smile.  Yup, we're ready for a family photo!
DSC_7473

This one is a more accurate depiction anyhow.
DSC_7677

Here are the boys are different parks, doing what they do best: playing in the dirt and with sticks.
DSC_1881
DSC_1950-small
DSC_1961
DSC_1939
DSC_1978
DSC_1970
DSC_1930
DSC_1464
DSC_5115
DSC_1546

Check out how attentive A2 is!  He watches everything his big brother does so carefully.
DSC_1597

A1 took this photo of me and his brother.
DSC_1609

And A2 took this photo.DSC_1621

A2 also grabbed this hysterical shot of his uncle making a freaky face!
DSC_1797

No comments: