13 March 2011

On making art

Sometimes I have planned projects (yes, Valentines hearts...yes, I'm behind on my blogging AGAIN):
DSC_2735
DSC_2734

Sometimes we practice photography:
DSC_4188
DSC_2442
DSC_2447
DSC_2446

And sometimes it's just free art:
DSC_3445
DSC_3446

I think the best part about this way of demystifying art and encouraging self-expression is that it's quickly contagious.  A2 had this image in his head of a monster stomping on little buildings (no, I've never let them watch Godzilla!) and A1 encouraged him to create it and cheered him on, while asking me to memorialize the drawing with a photograph.  Plus, I think he had a large hand in the image itself!
DSC_4146

Here they are sketching some flowers.  What you don't hear is A1 instructing his brother on how to observe the angles and colors and different textures and how to capture that in two dimensions. 
DSC_4525
DSC_4526

No comments: