29 March 2011

Expectations

There are those parents who expect sibling rivalry and discord, but I expect love and admiration.  I expect joy and laughter.  And since I'm an only child, I'm always thrilled when I see how much the boys adore each other.

Today, one of A1's classmates (playfully) grabbed his shirt and pulled him back.  A2 immediately ran up and pushed the friend.  I pulled A2 back and made sure he understood that he needed to use his words to express himself and not his hands.  He desperately explained, "But I didn't want him to hurt [A1]!"

Okay, I don't like it when the boys speak with force through their hands, but I have to admit that I'm just a tad happy about the fact that A2 was so determined in defense of his brother.

Photos follow.  Do I even have to mention that they are unrelated to this post?
DSC_2803
DSC_3462
DSC_3790
DSC_4202
DSC_3162
DSC_3163
DSC_3821
DSC_3691
DSC_3696
DSC_3712

1 comment: