03 July 2010

AZ Science Center & Sonora Desert Museum

James did not love the science museum in Arizona. But the kids did!
DSC_4340
DSC_4347
DSC_4354

We all LOVED LOVED LOVED the Sonora Desert Museum--so much so that I barely have decent pics because I was so engaged by the exhibits and the amazing docents.
DSC_4377
DSC_4360
DSC_4376

This Sonoran toad was V E R Y stationary.
DSC_4371

The museum grounds were lovely
DSC_4364

as was the ride to and from the museum.
DSC_4379

A1 wanted to (and did) climb that mountain, but A2 was just happy to spritz water on himself!
DSC_4384
DSC_4391

9 comments:

Ivan Chan Studio said...

So strange to see this place again...so much has changed since we were there! :)

LH said...

The Sonora Desert Museum, you mean? Yes, many new exhibits, very child-centered. They seem well funded!

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Yes, the AZ-Sonora Desert Museum. You hadn't procreated two human beings when we were first there!

LH said...

OH! I thought you meant that the museum had changed. Because it had...a lot.

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Ah, I couldn't tell from the photos (but I'm glad you were enjoying yourself).

I remember going on a science illustration safari somewhere. Maybe SD Zoo or something. Anyway, I raved about this museum and the illustrator next to me pipes up and says, "I did my internship there!" It was cool, because the museum seems so out of the way--I don't really hear about it anywhere.

LH said...

Our local zoo has a wide array of chicken. Seriously. It's very sad.

Ivan Chan Studio said...

How do they taste? :)

LH said...

They are old and raggedy. So probably gamy and yucky! But the kids like to feed the goats, so we visit often.

We mostly got the annual passes for the national reciprocity. We get in free (or very inexpensively) to a million zoos everywhere.

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Oh, the reciprocity is nice. It's a pity that it's a pathetic zoo, though.