13 July 2010

Abandoned lot

Yes, I took the boys to an abandoned lot with boarded up houses. I have no idea why.

Okay, I do. I totally do. It was because I wanted photos. This was definitely one of our weirder outings.


This one grows more and more serious.
DSC_5415

Not so much, this one. He seems to be getting goofier with time.
DSC_5420

But for the most part, their differences work well together.
DSC_5421

Sorry about the heavy-handed editing
DSC_5436

...and for letting him go out with a dirty face.
DSC_5444

6 comments:

Amber Riley said...

Awesome photos! :)

idreamoffrance said...

Where was this? I love this kind of thing...dilapidation, renaturalization, the sensation of being lost in time, etc, etc!

LH said...

Behind Katie Wheeler, there are several houses and a wagon with a coach attached. So random.

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Very wabi sabi--nothing quite like the beauty of ruination (and what a contrast, to have the boys...yes, I'm justifying for you why you took them on a weird outing).

Lam said...

I've since discovered that the city purposefully preserved their agricultural history by making that area a regional park. (This is Myford Road.)

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Nice! I'm so glad that cities still do things like this.