26 July 2009

365 Photography Project, Week 27

183 of 365: The boys and I made fuzzy caterpillars by gluing pom poms to popsicle sticks--they insisted theirs have noses.
183 of 365

184 of 365: 6 weeks old. 6 weeks old!!! Sometimes I see a photograph like this and I wonder if I'll love it as much a few months from now. There are a few photos that I loved loved loved...and now I look back at them and I don't feel the same. Oh well. In the meantime, I love this pic. Maybe it's the composition and lighting and such. Or maybe it's just because I love the people captured by this pic.
184 of 365

185 of 365: FAIL. No clue what I was going for here. I clearly missed the mark.
185 of 365

186 of 365: S Q U I S H !!!
186 of 365

187 of 365: Finally, a macro (or micro as Nikon calls it) shot with my macro lens. I'd been using the lens for portraiture, cuz I'm a one-trick pony like that. This pic is totally uninspired, but I suppose I'm new at it so I don't have to bang my head on the wall for being so inept. I guess I'm also self-punitive like that.
187 of 365

188 of 365: We went on a hot air balloon ride...um...up in the air. It's a bad place to be for someone who's afraid of heights. And freaking A2--he wanted me to hold him the whole time (he was too short to see over the sides). It makes it very hard for me to clutch onto the railing for dear life while having to carry a 2-year-old. Here is our party before the ride:
188 of 365

189 of 365: Summer is a time when I can make everyone a bowl of watermelon balls and call it breakfast. And no one flinches.
189 of 365

5 comments:

Amber Riley said...

Awesome pictures as always...I love the 6 week old baby...So sweet! Times flies...

GrayPhotography - Zach & Jody said...

Came across your blog and wanted to say hi! LOVE the caterpillars - they are SO cute and make me smile!! ha ha :) Blessings, JG

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Okay, um, SORRY YOU WERE IN A HOT AIR BALLOON HOLDING A 2 YEAR-OLD!!

Jiminy Crickets. I'm impressed that you did such a thing given your propensity for air-terror, but I suppose the trauma will burn the family outing into your brain, yes? Or maybe you'll have that lovely selective amnesia and hop on a tram next. "Acrophobia? Me? No...hey, I thought gondola was Italian for boat! Help! Help? Help!"

I do love that grassy photo you consider a fail. I find it soothing and abstract; sensual.

The macro photo is kinda Them but neat!

And a delicious photo of melon balls. One of my favorite things--like micro-seedless-watermelons for those too lazy for the inconvenience of seeds!

Michelle said...

I love the photos... but they've been the same ones for nearly a month now! The Little Empress wants to know when she can see more photos of her cousins :D

Yvonne said...

I've stopped by - and will be back to see more pictures.