23 June 2009

A visit with cousin S

We may have visited the Getty, the Santa Barbara Zoo, and the Monterey Bay Aquarium along the way, but our family road trip was really primarily aimed at meeting my cousin (who is far more like a brother to me) and his family.

Here is my cousin and his too-cute-for-words baby S, who is not so much a baby anymore as she is a running, babbling, ball of energy and smiles!
s1

And she's squirmy too.
s3

Oh so squirmy!
s2

But her mama knows exactly how to soothe her into a calm state.
s4
s5

It's probably the babywearing...but I'm sort of biased in that direction. (That's my Earthy Rainbow, for those in the know.)
s6

3 comments:

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Your love for them and their love for each other, as well as for you, shows. That last babywearing photo is magical the way the two light up the frame.

LH said...

I was so sad when I left because I really felt like there were no publishable pix at all. But I'm often pleasantly surprised and relieved. I don't know why I don't trust the process more--it's never really failed me. Especially not with friends & family.

I've come to the conclusion that my current favorite lens takes me too close, which serves for portraits, but not for storytelling as is necessary for families. See that external attribution? Awesome, right?

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Maybe there's no rational reason why, eh?

Oh, sneaky external attribution!