11 May 2009

Like butta...

In this age when natural, whole foods that are low in fat and high in fiber are more popular than ever, I still proudly pronounce that butter makes it better! I loves me some butter! And besides, I'm much more of a fan of consuming all things in moderation instead of overdosing on some while depriving myself of others.

Alas, butter is often its own conundrum. From the frig, it's too cold for immediate use but sitting out on the counter, it goes rancid. But my new butter bell has rectified this quandary! Oh, je t'aime, butter bell. 19th century France must have been amazing because butter bell keeps butter soft and spreadable for up to a month on the counter.
butter-bell1

I can fit a full stick of butter!
butter-bell

7 comments:

H F W said...

You are definitely right -- everything in moderation. Butter isn't bad for you in small doses, but I'd hate to see what builds up chemical-wise from all of the processed, manufactured but low-fat and low-calorie "butters."
Also, John's parents have a really sweet butter bell, and we've coveted it for about three years. Maybe we'll break down and get one soon.

LH said...

It was less than $10 and qualified for free super saver shipping when I got at Amazon. I'm not a huge consumer, choosing instead to use what I already have or do without, but man, I "needed" this little item!

Lucinda said...

Oh this is really cool!:) Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Oh how neat! And useful! I think I spy a new gadget for my own counter.

LH said...

Ah, Michelle, there is a problem though. Now I find myself using more butter than before because it's so nice and soft and spreadable!

Maybe the novelty will wear off and I'll go back to my usual consumption level.

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Vive la France!

Jolene said...

I just ordered it on Amazon! What a great find! My dd is 13 months and barely eats or drinks. Her nutritionist recommended I add butter and oils to her meals. This is a perfect gadget to produce softened butter!!! thanks!