08 May 2009

All about ME!!!

Well, I suppose this is MY blog so it should come as a surprise to no one that this post prominently features ME!

I've been wrestling with the decision to show my image here because I wanted to protect my (relative) anonymity, thereby preserving the blank slate for optimal transference. I know, I know. When I type it all out, it sounds ridiculous. The boys love looking at photos of us and it doesn't make sense that I omit them for a career to which I may never return...or at least, not for many years. There's always the option of deleting these posts or making this blog private. Plus, we went to a photo party and I really wanted to post those images. Here are my favorites from that session:
PB1
PB2
PB3
PB4

I enjoyed seeing myself with the boys so much (a rare occurrence as I'm not exactly a natural in front of the camera) that I organized a photo playdate for myself and all the other mamas who never end up in photos with their kids because we're always the ones behind the camera. We each took turns taking pictures of each other and I'm so grateful to the awesome mama who captured these moments of me with A1.
w.A1 1
w.A1 2
w.A1 3

A2 wasn't up to photos that day so I requested a few during a Downtown Disney trip with friends.
w.A2 1
w.A2 2

It's a so strange seeing myself through others' eyes.

9 comments:

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Heya,

Okay, besides the fact that seeing these made me cry with happiness, the first three seem to be blanked out from Flickr!

Flickr does this sometimes if you're doing a direct link; I've found it better to upload from my own hard drive.

I'm off to your Flickr page--they should be visible there.

I'm glad you've revealed yourself. Ta-da! Awe-SAHM!

I.

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Ack. They're not Flickr, either!

I.

LH said...

That's odd...I uploaded them all at once in a single batch. I think I see them now. I would complain, but Flickr and Blogger are both free services. That's like all the people complaining about the new and newer Facebook format. Jeez, folks, it's FREE. Deal with it.

Ivan Chan Studio said...

I see them now. :)

I.

Lucinda said...

♥♥♥Great photos Lam! It's nice to see you in photos with your kiddos too! Happy Mother's Day!♥♥♥

LH said...

Thank you, Lucinda! The photos of the boys separately were both from OCBWers playdates. I'll definitely give you a heads up next time we get together for pictures.

Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Hey yeah, Happy Mother's Day to you!

Love,

I.

attorneymama said...

Oh they all turned out fabulous! I am glad you "outted" yourself, though I totally understand the hesitation. My blog has waivered between public, private and edited for similar reasons.

LH said...

attymama, thanks so much for the photos from DTD--you have no idea how much I love them!