30 March 2009

"The true art of memory is the art of attention."

...so says Samuel Johnson.

Well, I suppose that means that entire weekends go by without my having paid any attention because I am often at a loss when asked what I did over the weekend. But I'm prepared to answer today because I took photos to help me remember, to help me pay attention.

scones
A1 baked another batch of scones because I wanted to try store-bought lemon curd. Less lemony and more sugary than homemade--that's just an observation, not a complaint. I finished a whole jar by myself!

Wrestlemania!
There were some Wrestlemania bouts. I called A2 the victor in this battle.

BBpark2
BBpark1
I took these photos at Bill Barber Memorial Park. We were at a portrait party (many consecutive, brief photo sessions without session fees and with discounted packages) because I was getting a little tired of not having any photos of me with the boys. They're going to look back at photos of their childhood and wonder why I was never there!

SD1
SD2
We drove to San Diego to make use of our annual zoo passes. There were some pretty impressive animals there, but for some reason I only have photos of flamingos and a parrot.

SD3
A2 enjoyed the petting zoo, jumping right in to feed the animals.

SD4
A1 seems to prefer his animals two dimensional.

SD5
SD6
They were wearing matching rhinoceros shirts, but I never got a good shot of them.

3 comments:

Ivan Chan Studio said...

You're like an omnipresent god in these photos, invisible but present and behind the scenes (lens)!

The portraits will be nice. :)

I.

LH said...

I've just seen them this afternoon and I love them...makes me want to show my face on this blog!

Ivan Chan Studio said...

:)