29 January 2009

Thankful Thursday, Week 4

As previously mentioned, this will be my last public Thankful Thursday. Thank you for starting this journey of gratitude with me. It's my intention to continue the Thankful Thursday tradition in private until it becomes second nature to appreciate all wonders around me all the time.

1. I'm no lactivist (If you ask me to stop nursing in your restaurant, I will comply. I won't ever dine there again, but I won't rally an angry army of La Leche League compatriots either.), but I'm certainly grateful to have been able to nurse my children for as long as I have without any problems whatsoever.

2. Carseats keep my babies safe. A2 tried to slink away from me when I started to grab him:
slinky carseat

3. How did we ever consider ourselves part of civilized society without Target? I was not always a fan, but now I am a true believer.

4. Two mornings/week of preschool for A1 means I finally get some one-on-one time with A2. It's been so fun and interesting to interact with him without his brother at his side.

5. We grow and eat so much of our own food. Grapefruit harvest, coming right up!
truck for gratefruits

6. My laptop is my lifeline to the outside world. I'm on virtually all day (and all night!) long and I'm so grateful to be able to afford such a luxury.

7. James says the people in my family usually look perpetually young until one day when they're suddenly as old as the hills. My grandmother is one of those people. As her eldest grandchild, I have adored her my whole life and now my children are fortunate enough to receive her abundant wisdom, humor, and caring. Here is A2 about to plow into her at full force. And she couldn't be happier about it.
great-grandma

8. I don't cook dinner! My parents live a block away and I grab the kids to eat with their grandparents every evening. I am insanely fortunately to be able to get a daily break like that.

9. I am lucky enough to have a room designated primarily for sewing. Unfortunately, I can barely walk in it because it's in such disarray at this point (there is paperwork from my maternity leave almost 4 years ago in that pile!).
sewing mess

10. My happy days far outnumber my sad days...by choice and by chance.

3 comments:

Hyacynth Filippi Worth said...

It is so awesome and such a blessing for you to be so close to your parents! How awesome that you all get to eat dinner together every night! I would love that to be a reality for us someday.
And grapefuit trees??? You're killing me, mama!

LH said...

We've lived in our house since 2002, and have barely made any changes to the interior (it needs some serious changes too!) but put a lot of time, energy, and money into the yard. I find having trees that aren't fruit-bearing wasteful so we have quite a collection including loquat, kumquat, 6 different kinds of citrus, a ton of pomegranates, 2 kinds of persimmon, and others. And this spring, I plan to extend the vegetable patch by quite a bit--let's see if that comes to fruition. Ha ha!! Pun intended!

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Okay, so I'm not going to study just yet, had to read the other posts!

I'll miss your Thankful Thursdays.

I.