15 January 2009

Thankful Thursday, Week 2

I've decided to post a month's worth of Thankful Thursdays and then spare you of my ramblings by keeping the rest of the year's entries to myself.

Here are this week's thoughts, in no particular order.

1. The boys have a lot of music and art in their lives. That's mostly because we don't have to worry about food and shelter. Their being safe and healthy allows us the privilege of living creative lives.
drummer boy

2. Free days at the local museums rock, and they rock hard! Honestly, if I had to pay admission, I would be pretty riled if the kids would rather play on a handrail than see the exhibits.
monkey business

3. There is so much goofiness in this house, especially since A2's arrival.
peekaboo

4. My Secret Santa gift has bloomed! And when these flowers wither, there are two more all cued up and ready to go. I loved my entire Secret Santa package, but the fact that I can transplant these amyrillis bulbs to enjoy them year after year is especially wonderful.
amyrillis

5. Even when tantrums are thrown,
tantrum

...they end quickly.
post tantrum

It's probably because I laugh in the face of tantrums. Hysterically. Maniacally. I don't know, I just find them so funny!

6. O sandbox, how grateful I am for thee! It's my version of a TV break. When I need a few moments to myself, I force them gently invite them to go out to their sandbox. And then it's like some sort of zen moment that descends upon them so that they play peacefully with each other for 30 minutes at a time!
DSC_7085

7. We love our lizard friends! They're all over the yard and provide us with education and entertainment.
lizard friends

8. My Nifty Fifty is so treasured.
50mm

Is it wrong to love an object? Oh, I don't care! I LOVE this lens! I love the shallow depth of field (and how it works so well indoors with limited light). I mean, look at this picture...who cares about that ridiculous truck? I just want to see my baby!
DSC_7090

9. My apologies to the many vegetarians and vegans in my life. I love you all dearly. Alas, I also love bacon. I'm sorry.

But you know what I love more than bacon? That it bakes up nice and easy and perfectly crisp in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
bakin' bacon
bakin' bacon 2

10. I am so thankful this blog! I don't have use any code because it's all formatted for me. It's like writing an email and sending pictures to my favorite people all at once. Seriously--those of you who lurk and have been postponing the birth your blogs, just jump right in. I can't believe it's completely free and so so simple to do!

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I know I am repeating myself, but by God woman, you take GORGEOUS photos! Admittedly, it takes a lot to make bacon look bad ;), but still, sheesh... just awesome!

LH said...

Thank you, Sheila! Is this your way of hitting me up for another photo shoot--preferably one where your daughter's hair is brushed, your son isn't wearing a dirty t-shirt, and your house is spotless? Well, too bad! I thought those au naturel photos were perfect! I'll have to come over at least an hour early next time to catch you off guard.

Brett said...

The handrail shot is beautiful, and A2's tantrum makes me laugh too. Maybe I will make some bacon with dinner...

LH said...

Brett, the hysterical thing about this particular tantrum was that he was still playing with the trash truck while he was screaming and flat on the ground! He gets so mad when I don't given into them. Heh.

Ivan Chan Studio said...

Zen sand play therapy? Sounds familiar!

And bacon is sooo good. Mm. They sell chocolate covered bacon here at a candy store, and I think it's also available as a candy bar at Cost Plus or something.

Tantrums are hysterical. I like to call them meltdowns because it makes me giggle even more!

I.